Monday, June 7, 2010

Holá familia‏

Well hello from the great Argentina.




Well things are going good here in Manantial and with my comp things are excelent. Well things are going good for me here. It was weird to work in anouther area thats not Perico but after a while I was fine. This area is huge about twice as big as my last. We try to plan citas close to each other so we dont have to walk everywhere but even then we are walking everywhere. But its good and I love it here. There area is nice even though there is a area that we have to avoid at night because its too dangouros, but oh well. The members here are really nice and always welcome with a hug, so Im loving that.The people here are good and the thing with them is that they are a little more blunt than people in Jujuy but its good. So ya the people look like they are more gringo than dark skin but still have a latin twist to them. But they are cool people and are very loving. So ya the area is just right out of the city but still in the city. And we have three soda companies that make soda in our area, Coke, Pepsi, and Torraso. So dad you would love it here. Torraso is an Argentinan brand and its not bad. Its weird that the number one flavor here is manzana, apple. And its a good flavor and its weird how you start liking it. But I love it here. For investigators we have Rode who is the daughter of one of the converts here and then we have Rita who we just started teaching this last week. Other than that things are going good. We are knocking to find new investigators by knocking Apartments, there is something new. Because there are blocks and blocks of apartments here. But ya so thats that and this place is good and Im loving it so far.

For me things are going good. We finally got hot water in the pencion. Elder Rivera says that they havent had hot water for at least 6-7 months, thats crazy. So thats good and then we started teaching our plumber who is Adventist, so thats cool. But ya Elder Rivera and I get a long fine and we are always joking around with each other. Yes my spanish is improving and I love it. Last night we had a full conversation in spanish. And he is trying to learn english, so we are helping each other out. Elder Rivera has about 18 months and goes home in December. So he still has time. But things are good here. The food is good, other than you might want to send some tums cause Im about out. Its cause whenever I eat anything from the street or somthing really greasy my stomach doesnt like it. But oh well. But things are good. Today for pday we played soccer with the other zone and then we went and ate at a shell gas station. So its different here with the gas stations. They acctually have nice things and a nice restoranat. Its usually the place were all the rich people go to hang out. So thats cool. We have a ward here and its a super nice church, its bigger than my last. The members are always willing to help. But Im good and yes Im taking more pics, I just didnt bring it with cause we came to the cyber right after we ate and I didnt bring my camera. So those girls you were asking about mom were members in Perico. so ya. Oh and we have a dance club right across the street from the house and its crazy everyweekend. Friday and Saturday it starts at eleven at night and doesnt end until four in the morning and then sundays its starts at eight and ends at eleven. So ya that keeps us up, but thats Argentina for ya.

Well its sounds like your all having fun and staying busy. Jayson good job at the track meet and keep running hard. Jake good luck at boys state and stay off the uni-cylce. Dad have fun with those puppys and with the float. Oh boy do I miss running. and Im jeolus of you guys running in the Pioner day race, I loved that race. But have fun anyways. thats cool to here that chantel is the teacher for RS. But it sounds like your all having fun there. Keep up the good life and always remember to keep a smile on your face. love ya all.

Te amo,

Elder Jarret Wade

PS. Dad and Jake I want you guys to read this talk that I read and do what it says. Its a talk by Elder M. Russel Ballard called Fathers and Sons: A Remarkable Relationship its from the last october confrence. I think that it will work with you guys I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment